Since there was no progress on site during the later parts of December 2016 and beginning of January, there won't be any time lapse videos for that period. Below are the first two time lapses from Bernard for 2017 however, enjoy!
- lots of reinforcing and post-tensioning ducts on top of the hotel tower. I presume there's a reason for the P-T to be in the wave-like shape, probably to do with the compressive stresses it will create in the thicker slab.
- almost looks ready to pour the slab between the hotel and commercial towers
- looks ready to pour the slab south of the res core against Adelaide St
- scaffolding going up near the George/Adelaide corner
8 February -
- still laying reinforcing and P-T ducts on the hotel tower, between the hotel and commercial buildings, and South of the res core
- formwork build continuing South and East of the commercial core, and east of the res core
- some scaffolding going up in the port cochere area on the far side
Another update from Bernard for the past week. Enjoy!
30 January -
- more reinforcing placed on the hotel tower. That slab is going to be pretty strong!
- formwork build continuing between hotel and commercial cores
- more scaffolding going up around the NE corner, near George & Ann Sts
- you can clearly see the building outline in the SE corner (George & Adelaide corner)
31 January -
- P-T ducts being added to the hotel tower. Curious wave pattern!
- formwork & reinforcing between the hotel & commercial cores
- formwork going up in SW corner near res core
- pouring columns NE of res core
- still laying out formwork for building entrance in podium area, facing George/Adelaide streets