Updates between 6th of November and 10th of November
Here's a short update from Bernard for the past week. Enjoy!
7 November -
We have a new crane on-site! Or maybe it's the same crane that used to be on the Adelaide St side… Interestingly, it's mounted on a frame that cantilevers out from a floor or two above ground level (see the second photo from diagonally across the George & Ann intersection).
Most of the formwork has been removed from the top of the hotel tower - and only a few floor slabs left to pour.
Either there's no work today, or they all knocked off early because of that horse race thing…
Updates between 23rd of October and 3rd of November
Here are some updates from Bernard for two weeks back. Enjoy!
23 October -
- hotel: reinforcing being laid for L32 North. Mounting brackets for wall cladding being fitted. Concrete pour for part of the core in progress (this must be close to the last pour for the hotel core)
26 October -
- office: assembling climbing formwork on the southern part of the lift core (I believe this will eventually extend over to the southern wall)
- concrete has been removed from the Adelaide St loading platform, steel beams remain
- hotel: looks like L32 slabs have been poured. Core formwork has jacked up a little higher than it was a week or so back (about half a floor height), but I don't know when that happened.
- office: scaffolding and formwork South of the core is now well above the slab, approaching the rest of the core.
- res: no work
- steel support beams for the Adelaide St loading platform are being removed
A new crane installed at the commercial building site
A new crane was installed on Saturday at the commercial building site. Here are a few snaps I took from the ground level as well as some awesome high up shots that were sent in to me. Parts of George St were blocked off for the duration of the install as expected.
Updates between 16th of October and 20th of October
A short update from Bernard for the past week…
18 October -
- hotel: formwork for L32. Mounting brackets for some cladding panels on E walls.
- office: some more scaffolding to support the rest of the slab formwork SE & SW of the core
- demolition of the Adelaide St loading platform has begun (this is very loud!)