It's full steam ahead again at the construction site. Here's an update on the week's activity from Bernard.
10 January -
They're back at work this week, after three weeks off, I think.
- laying reinforcing and post-tensioning ducts north of the commercial core
- doing the same for the last bit of Basement 1 North of the res core
- the bit of formwork that's set at about a 45 degree angle near the George/Adelaide St corner in the podium area is most likely the set down for the escalators at that location
11 January -
- Can't see much activity on the hotel tower
- you can see the shape of the first floor slab for the commercial tower in the formwork near the George St side
- still laying reinforcing etc north of the commercial core and north of the res core
- pumping concrete into a column form southeast of the res core
- building formwork in the podium area
This is a bit of welcome news I think, there's been a new DA application for a New Mixed Use Tower Planned for 320 George Street. The Roma Street end of George Street is really in some serious need of redevelopment and this is a definite breath of fresh air if it gets approved.