Final update for 300 George Street
The 300 George Street Blog is not going to be updated further due to lack of time and resources. This has been a great project for the past several years but unfortunately it must now come to an early end. Thanks to all the readers out there and to all the contributors who have sent in photos!
Here's the very final update that will be put up as part of this blogumentary…
- The jump form for the residential will be completed early October and the structure will really start to move.
- Glass is expected early December for the resi.
- Completion is still October 2021
- Aviation planning has commenced particularly out of the issues at skytower.
- 390 Crane will be swapped over in the resi core during December and January.
- We will remove the crane on the podium once the 390 is established.
- Sales Suite for the resi will be complete in October
- We are into the high rise with the jump form.
- Structure and façade are tracking well
- Completion is planned for end of August next year.
- Restaurants are now open facing the river – Persone and Heritaj, plus suits, café and bagels.
If you're interested in acquiring this blogumentary's website, domain name, Twitter account and Facebook page, please get in touch (email is on the left hand side).
August 2018 Updates
Only a short update for August. There were some temporary footpath closures along George Street. The commercial tower is growing quickly and being covered in lots of glass now.
Updates from Bernard…
7 August -
- cranes and core have climbed again. Getting pretty high (above my height, pretty close to the top of the hotel)
- new steel columns & beams going on for the next floor
- lots of material (windows, ducting, cable) visible stockpiled on various floors. I expect internal fitout is proceeding quickly behind the glazing that has been fitted
- formwork in place for another floor, nearly level with the top of the core. I expect a climbing formwork for the core will arrive in the next week or so
21 August -
- core is now well above my floor
- plenty of windows stockpiled ready for installation
- looks like possibly another crane base on top of the podium near the res tower
- res tower has climbed another floor. Looks like formwork is being placed for the last walls/columns to bring it all up level with the existing core. After this, they might do a climbing formwork for the whole thing
30 August -
Climbing formwork being assembled for the res tower.
July 2018 Updates
There has been some solid, visible progress on the residential tower in July. The W Hotel is old news now and the commercial tower is climbing higher and higher. It's interesting to see that the commercial tower windows are being placed as it is built up, unlike what happened with W Hotel where windows were installed significantly later. There was a police presence on the site one of the days too, though I am not sure why.
Here's an update from a source on site…
- Residential Tower is under construction
- 82 level residential tower with 2 pools and recreational areas.
- The completion is planned in October 2021.
- There are significant challenges in relation to aviation safety, but there is a plan in place for this.
- The sales suite is being constructed at the moment and is located in the retail tenancy on level 1 and 2 on the corner of George and Adelaide (within the retail tenancy).
- It is a whole building jump lending to faster construction.
June 2018 Updates
June has finally seen the opening of the W Hotel. Though I've not been invited to have a look inside I did see some photos floating around that showed that the hotel is quite nice inside.
Prior to the opening there were window cleaners dusting off those curved windows.
I took a stroll down to the building and had a look inside. It certainly is impressive. I can't wait to see the rest of the public floors to be completed.
Most of the retail areas have coming soon billboards covering them with an great selection of shops coming. The huge advertising screens inside are already set up and well are huge!