Painting around the lower levels and hotel sides plus number 33 on the hotel core
The lower levels of the W Hotel are being painted in black. The hotel sides are being done in a grey colour, though this may just be concrete sealant.
Updates between 11th of September and 15th of September
Here's an update from Bernard for the past week. Level 32 of the lift core has been reached, this should be the final level so just the rest of the tower floors need to be poured to catch up.
11 September -
Looks like no work on site today.
12 September -
- hotel: L28 North reinforcing being laid, looks like forms starting to go up for L29 support walls to the SW
13 September -
- office: looks like the plant room walls S of the lift core have been poured (at least the first part) and scaffolding is being built up higher
- still no visible activity on the res tower
- hotel: L28 North poured this morning, formwork for L29 South West going up
- office: scaffolding build South of lift core continuing
News and gossip from the site
I heard some news and gossip through the grapevine about what's happening at the construction site. Make of it what you will, if you know any more please comment on the Facebook Page
Regarding the new crane being installed
a worker from the site said that they needed a stronger crane for the job.
Update on this: Original information regarding the crane for the commercial tower was wrong, it's the same crane, it was just moved onto the grillage and is now setup for the tower, allowing all the old tower penetrations to be filled in, which allows lower floors to be finished. Work will begin to setup the 2nd crane in the commercial tower in a few weeks. The residential tower crane will be removed.
For the office tower - there is a rumour that Q Super may be moving in once it's built. Apparently there is some interest from them in the building.
If you've followed the updates for last week
and the previous week
you'll have noticed that the climbing formwork around the the residential tower has all but been dismantled. It seems that work on the residential part of the site has completely stalled. This is due to nobody being awarded the contract to build it - after 3 stages of bidding already. Is the residential tower being canned? I don't know, but it does look delayed in the very least.
Updates between 4th of September and 8th of September
Here's an update from Bernard for the past week.
4 September -
- hotel: L27 looks ready for pouring to the N, forms for columns going up to SW
5 September -
- office: slab E of lift core looks like it was poured on the weekend, reinforcing still being placed S of core
- res tower looks pretty bare right now
- hotel: L27 North poured, formwork going up for L28 SW side
6 September -
- office: still building wall reinforcing S of the lift core. Some additional cages being installed below the climbing formwork
- res: nothing visible
- hotel: formwork has jacked up, revealing L31; formwork build for L28 underway; gantry on E side installing mount points for cladding system (likely to be aluminium composite panels, presumably non-flammable type!)
- office: still working on walls S of core. Cage below jacking formwork on core still being built