If you were missing the construction site today, I'd not blame you as it was completely covered in fog. Here's a photo I took from my balcony about a block away from the site, the Riverside Expressway is seen below, but the construction site is nowhere to be seen.
This is a combined update from Bernard for the past two weeks, since there was little activity the week earlier.
9 May -
- another day, another floor on the hotel… :-) Currently doing the fourth floor above that thick slab
- some very tall columns have been poured for the commercial tower! Scaffolding going up to support the slab formwork
- pouring the slab East of the res tower, formwork nearly finished for the west half
- formwork being built for the podium area. Looks like a complicated slab, with some pretty deep cast-in beams. This may be the last slab pour for the podium area.
15 May -
- reinforcing being laid atop the hotel tower. Now on the 5th level above the transition slab
- formwork being laid on the scaffolding north of the commercial core
- post-tensioning ducts being laid west of the res core
- formwork build continuing in the podium area. Looks like those cast-in beams are going to be very deep.