Here's an update from Bernard for the current week. It's a bit earlier than usual but I will be going away on an extended vacation as of tonight. I'll try to keep the blog updated when I can, but I am not sure how much Internet access I will have while travelling.
7 November -
- A bit more work done around the commercial core
- you can see where there's going to be a circular void between Podium floors in the middle of the site
- formwork has been removed from part of the carpark access ramp side walls near the res core
8 November -
- pouring a floor slab on the hotel
- looks like recessed beams have been poured west of the commercial core, but the rest of the slab still to do
- assorted columns & walls being prepped around the res core and the podium area
Doesn't look like there's been any work over the weekend or today, but interestingly the Brookfield Multiplex banner has been removed this morning from the top of the hotel core. Still on the commercial core, though.
2 November -
Back at work today.
- pouring the hotel core
- pouring on the south side of the commercial core
Here are the updates from Bernard for the past week…
25 October -
- you can see the shape of the hotel tower quite clearly now, with all the scaffolding in place. It looks like some sort of climbing formwork located on the north-east corner, facing toward the commercial tower.
- formwork build still underway around the commercial tower, with post-tensioning ducts being laid on the south of the core
- pouring the eastern part of Basement 2 near the residential core
- last bit of Basement 2 (I think) being prepped for pouring in the podium area
26 October -
- on the Ann St frontage you can see the wavy profile of the hotel tower in the formwork
- formwork for Podium 2 level is surrounding the commercial core, with scaffolding going up along Ann St where the edge of the tower outline will be
- Basement 1 formwork platform looks complete on the western side of the res core
- the location of the carpark access ramp is clearly visible on the eastern side of the res core, with the line of support columns through the middle (you can see a recessed line along the core itself at the level of the ramp, where the slab will be connected to the core with steel dowels)
- the middle third of the podium area has been poured this morning. Looks like some ramps there, the plans will show what's what.