24 May -
- still lots of scaffolding and formwork going up around the hotel core. Some columns on the southwest side of the core have had two or three layers poured (they support the formwork with timber strapped to the previously poured section of column). There's obviously going to be a lot of headroom in this area!
- still doing backfilling around the res core. Some concrete being poured today on the far side with a green boom. Perhaps they're closing the access gap where the stairs used to be?
25 May -
- prep for SW slab next to it (reinforcing in place)
- pouring a part of Basement 1 in the NE corner of the hotel area, next to Ann St
- some of the columns in the porte cochere area are now quite tall!
- scaffolding and formwork still going up
- reinforcing being placed for the podium area fire stair
- not sure what's going on around the res core, perhaps some backfilling on the far side. Looks like a couple of column foundation pits have been dug out in the far SW corner.
27 May -
- reinforcing is being laid for the last bits of the Basement 1 slab near the hotel core
- the hotel core has been jacked up another level since Wednesday's photo. Not sure when that happened!
- another section of Basement 4 was poured SW of the commercial core this morning, with reinforcing being placed for the eastern section
- Basement 3 formwork starting to go up
- personnel lift fitted inside the commercial core (I think that went in today, will have to check the time lapse)
- reinforcing placed for the fire stair in the podium area
- excess spoil has been lifted out with small skips over the past week, with a forklift dumping them into a truck (slower even than the long arm excavator)
- work continuing around the res core. I have no idea how long it will be until it's ready to start climbing.