First I have to include some fireworks from 2017/18 New Year's Eve. The weather was not the best that night and smoke hung around so it was hard to take decent photos, but here are a few snaps…
Work resumed around the 8th of January and it was full steam ahead with completing the W Hotel roof…
The roof is made up of several sections with interesting shapes.
The retail floors are coming along nicely…
I've even noticed some work going on after 6pm!
The footpaths on George Street have now been closed off.
Some updates from Bernard for the month…
Doesn't look like a lot has happened over the past ten or eleven days, and no work today.
- hotel: lots of cladding complete. Part of the roof has been constructed.
- office: reinforcing laid, but still no slab poured on top of the blue formwork. The left (southern) part of the lift core has climbed up level with the right (northern) part.
- the rest of the Adelaide St frontage has been filled to street level.
9 January 2018 -
- hotel: crane hooked up to the section of roof that has been built on the podium level between the hotel and res towers. Looks like it's getting ready to lift it, perhaps on to the top of the hotel.
- office: northern section of the slab has been poured onto the blue formwork
11 January 2018 -
- hotel: work continues to around roof level. Safety cages are being removed from the Ann St side, perhaps to allow glazing to be installed for the remaining floors.
- office: reinforcing being placed for core walls. Reo being laid for floor slab just south of core
- work continuing on finishing the facade glazing & panels facing George St.
16 January 2018 -
- hotel: glazing done up to L30. Scaffolding being removed from the top of the lift core.
- office: core walls being poured. Safety cages being assembled around the entire tower perimeter.
- cosmetic cladding is spreading along the Ann St frontage of the podium. I'll take a pic from ground level sometime, can't see it from here.
17 January 2018 -
- hotel: scaffolding being removed from to of lift core.
- office: northern core jacked up. Formwork for slab between southern core and South wall being built.
18 January 2018 -
- hotel: the roof that was assembled down on top of the podium between the hotel and res towers is now sitting on top of the lift core
- office: southern half of the core has climbed to match the northern half.
23 January 2018 -
- hotel: another section of roof just north of the lift core has been installed. Glazing up to L31
- office: pouring concrete on the west side of the lift core. Looks like a new pice of climbing formwork structure is being assembled on the slab north of the core
25 January 2018 -
Apparently the hotel is scheduled to open on 15 March, and they're taking bookings!
- hotel: panelling has reached the top, for part of the eastern walls. Only two more levels to be glazed. Most of the hotel roof appears to be in place.
- office: northern half of the core jacking up. Reinforcing being placed for the southern half.
- lots of work to the facade of the podium levels facing George & Adelaide Streets.
31 January 2018 -
- hotel: not much progress visible externally, though I'm sure they're pretty busy inside, with the hotel due to open in just six weeks!
- office: core formwork has jacked up, more steel beams and blue formwork being installed east of the core
- podium facade being finished along S side
…and photos from another angle…