Prior to the opening there were window cleaners dusting off those curved windows.
I took a stroll down to the building and had a look inside. It certainly is impressive. I can't wait to see the rest of the public floors to be completed.
Most of the retail areas have coming soon billboards covering them with an great selection of shops coming. The huge advertising screens inside are already set up and well are huge!
Of course there is a large portion of the area still under construction and not accessible to the public.
Here's a small update from an anonymous source on site…
- The first 20 levels are open for guests and progressively increasing
- The retail fitout has commenced.
- The office Tower has completed the core for the low rise and jump modifications are complete and midrise is underway.
- The resi has commenced with the erection of the scaffold for the lower floors
Now to updates from Bernard…
As you can see, the barriers in front of the entrance at George & Adelaide Streets have been removed. I didn't go have a look myself, but I'm told at least part of the lower podium level & the hotel foyer is open to the public.
12 June 2018 -
Something I didn't notice last week, but which is very obvious today - scaffolding is going up around the perimeter of the residential tower, suggesting they'll resume construction on that very shortly.
Blue formwork is being laid for the twelfth steel-supported floor of the office tower.
28 June 2018 -
- laying reinforcing for another floor of the office tower
- pouring a slab between the lift core & South wall
- glazing continuing to be installed