Updates between 20th of November and 24th of November
Here are a few updates from Bernard for the past week.
21 November -
- hotel: L33 walls are up, last remnants of core formwork are gone. Cladding starting to be installed, starting at Ann St corner.
22 November -
- office: lots of progress on the climbing formwork, scaffolding gone. Slab poured this morning in SW corner.
- hotel: more cladding installed. Can no longer see what's happening on top of the tower.
- office: progress on climbing formwork. Reinforcing being laid for remainder of slab SE of core.
- formwork being placed for slab along Adelaide St frontage at ground level. This slab will be pretty thick, I think, as it's going to support a lane of the road in the future.
Updates between 13th of November and 17th of November
Another update from Bernard, for the last week.
14 November -
- hotel: work continuing on L33. Cladding mounting brackets being installed (tower for work platform for that has been extended up to L32)
15 November -
- office: more safety cages being installed around the edges of the tower. Jacking formwork being assembled just south of the lift core
- formwork being built along the Adelaide St side, I presume for the last bits of concrete to close up the area underneath where the loading platform was.
- I noticed at street level the signage for the residential tower has gone, as have most of the protective platforms over the footpath along George Street.
- hotel: there's a green concrete pump truck down on North Quay, not sure what's happening over that side. Mounting brackets for cladding mostly done up to L22
- office: construction of climbing formwork continuing. Formwork to support slab SW of core being laid out.
Updates between 6th of November and 10th of November
Here's a short update from Bernard for the past week. Enjoy!
7 November -
We have a new crane on-site! Or maybe it's the same crane that used to be on the Adelaide St side… Interestingly, it's mounted on a frame that cantilevers out from a floor or two above ground level (see the second photo from diagonally across the George & Ann intersection).
Most of the formwork has been removed from the top of the hotel tower - and only a few floor slabs left to pour.
Either there's no work today, or they all knocked off early because of that horse race thing…
Updates between 23rd of October and 3rd of November
Here are some updates from Bernard for two weeks back. Enjoy!
23 October -
- hotel: reinforcing being laid for L32 North. Mounting brackets for wall cladding being fitted. Concrete pour for part of the core in progress (this must be close to the last pour for the hotel core)
26 October -
- office: assembling climbing formwork on the southern part of the lift core (I believe this will eventually extend over to the southern wall)
- concrete has been removed from the Adelaide St loading platform, steel beams remain
- hotel: looks like L32 slabs have been poured. Core formwork has jacked up a little higher than it was a week or so back (about half a floor height), but I don't know when that happened.
- office: scaffolding and formwork South of the core is now well above the slab, approaching the rest of the core.
- res: no work
- steel support beams for the Adelaide St loading platform are being removed