Updates between 24th of July and 28th of July
Here's the update for the past week, from Bernard.
24 July -
Showing the insulation and services (fire, stormwater) being fitted below the top slab, which is the roof of the podium area.
The darker patches along the edge of the slabs is grout filling in the boxes where the post-tensioning cables are tightened & anchored.
- L22 formwork mostly complete on SW, blade wall forms being assembled to N
- the office core mystery is solved! The climbing formwork is being shrunk, as the southernmost bank of lifts only service the podium floors, not the highrise tower (I could have probably figured that out last week if I'd remembered to look at the drawings!)
- still laying reinforcing S of the office core
- starting to lay reinforcing for the res tower slab
Updates between 17th of July and 21st of July
Here's an update from Bernard for the past week.
17 July -
I'm not sure there's been any work going on today. Doesn't look like anyone's there now.
18 July -
- formwork build on hotel tower
19 July -
- pouring blade walls on the N side using a crane bucket
- continuing to dismantle climbing formwork on office core
- formwork supports starting to go up for the first slab of the res tower
- SW slab poured on hotel, reinforcing starting to be laid on N side
- the jacking formwork on the office core is still being dismantled. The parts seem to be stacked around the place, so I have no idea why this is happening. I guess we'll find out!
- formwork starting to cover area SE of res core
North Quay crane extended, new number 25 painted on the elevator shaft
The elevator on the North Quay side of the construction site has been extended up higher and a the elevator shaft numbering has been increased to 25.
Updates between 10th of July and 14th of July
Another update from Bernard for the past week, including some ground level photos this time too.
10 July -
- reinforcing being laid SW side of hotel, formwork being completed on N
12 July -
- '23′ painted on hotel core just below the climbing formwork. I presume this is the floor number, but haven't checked the dwgs
- formwork going up for slab to S of commercial core
- forms being placed for more columns SW of res core
- SW slab poured on hotel, reinforcing looks ready for N slab
13 July -
- formwork has almost completely filled in commercial tower S of core
- scaffolding around res tower nearly complete, looks like all the columns have been poured
- scaffolding being removed from the S side of the podium area. This is very visible from street level (didn't get a pic though)
From the intersections of George Street with Ann & Adelaide Streets